Most of the time you are using templates curated by your supplier to create emails in your campaigns. You can also create your own (CYO) emails for use in your campaigns. You can quickly build emails without having to be an expert in HTML using the Email Builder editor. The Email Builder editor provides a way for you to quickly modify email with simple drag and drop functionality. Additionally, you can modify text and images directly, without having to adjust the source code.
The campaign is the foundation or container that holds all the tactics associated with a marketing campaign. The campaign keeps multiple types of content (tactics) organized. Email is a popular tactic in any marketing campaign. Having multiple tactics in a campaign allows you to get reporting for the campaign, not just the tactic. The Email Builder (CYO) provides you a way to quickly create emails for a campaign other than those provided by your supplier.
Before creating your own emails consider the following:
- You cannot send an email without a campaign.
- You can have a single email in your campaign.
- Emails are sent to recipients in your contact list. Email is one activity type (tactic) used to generate leads for the sales staff and provide a way to engage with partners while gathering data about the recipient.
- The Email Builder supports Special Links for adding Unsubscribe, Opt-in and View Email in Browser. Learn more.
- The Email Builder supports Merge Tags that allow you to create personalized emails. Learn more.
- Photo search (free stock photo gallery) in the Email Builder provides access to a large repository of high-quality images via popular stock photo services. The images are free to use under the Creative Commons Zero (CC0) license. Learn more.
- Dynamic images are available via the Email Builder. Users can specify both a static placeholder image and a dynamic image URL when adding an image content block. This allows for scenarios such as personalized birthday cards, countdown timers, dynamic ads, and many other user cases where an image is built dynamically at the time it is served. Learn more.
Learn more about Best Practices for Email Design.
You should be familiar with the following topics before continuing:
How to Edit an Email in the Email Builder
You can use the Email Builder editor to create and edit the email template. You also have the option to edit in HTML. If you already have the content in HTML, it is easy to copy and paste the content into the new email.
- To move an existing block, select the handlebar. Drag and drop the block where you want it moved. When you see the blue line you can drop the structure in place.
- Add a block by dragging and dropping blocks into the body of the email.
- Remove a block by selecting the trash can in the upper right of the block.
- Click on the text box to edit.
- The editing toolbar will display. You will see the font, font size, bold, italics, underline, strike through, clear text, left align, right align, special character, re-do, number and bulleted list styles, text and background color, paragraph styles, attachment, hyperlink, special links and merge tags.
- Use Body options to edit border, padding, and line spacing.
- Click the image to edit.
- The Content Properties now show Change Image and Edit Image.
- Select Edit Image. A new toolbar will display with enhance, effects, frames, stickers, crop, resize, orientation, focus brightness, and more.