Most of the time you are using templates curated by your supplier to create emails in your campaigns. You can also create your own (CYO) emails for use in your campaigns. You can quickly build emails without having to be an expert in HTML using the Email Builder editor. The Email Builder editor provides a way for you to quickly modify email with simple drag and drop functionality. Additionally, you can modify text and images directly, without having to adjust the source code.
The campaign is the foundation or container that holds all the tactics associated with a marketing campaign. The campaign keeps multiple types of content (tactics) organized. Email is a popular tactic in any marketing campaign. Having multiple tactics in a campaign allows you to get reporting for the campaign, not just the tactic. The Email Builder (CYO) provides you a way to quickly create emails for a campaign other than those provided by your supplier.
Before creating your own emails consider the following:
- You cannot send an email without a campaign.
- You can have a single email in your campaign.
- Emails are sent to recipients in your contact list. Email is one activity type (tactic) used to generate leads for the sales staff and provide a way to engage with partners while gathering data about the recipient.
Dynamic images are images that change depending on one or more values that can be read by Zift123. They are available via the Email Builder. Users can specify both a static placeholder image and a dynamic image URL when adding an image content block. This allows for scenarios such as personalized birthday cards, countdown timers, dynamic ads, and many other user cases where an image is built dynamically at the time it is served.
There are services that provide dynamic images like Niftyimages, Fresh Relevance, CountdownMall, and others. When you have your dynamic image, you can add it to the editor and send to your contact list.
You should be familiar with the following topics before continuing:
- Zift123 Login
- Zift123 Password
- How to Include Merge Tags
How to Add Dynamic Images
You must have a dynamic image to use this feature. Using the dynamic image will like [FirstName] will insert the name of the contact into each email.
- In the editor file manager, select the image block.
- Add your static URL.
- Verify that Dynamic image is on.
- Add your dynamic image URL using Zift123 standard variables from this list.
Here is an example of a static image URL
that contains a variable such as a name or an email. The variables that are replaced with actual values at the time the email is sent or when the landing page is delivered. Here is an example of the dynamic image URL
- Publish your changes. You will see the static URL in the Preview. You will see the variable on the Personalize view. Your Test email will show the variable.
- To test the email, create a short internal email list to send the email to. Verify that the name is appearing on the email and not a variable. Once you are sure the email is correct, it is ready to send out.