An email workflow is series of automated emails that will be sent — or not — based on a person's behavior or criteria. With workflows, you can trigger emails based on your recipients' actions. This allows you to send the right message to the right person at the right time.
Workflows can be set up in two ways; they can be part of a campaign or a published workflow can be added to an existing campaign. In either case, administrator access is required for the initial setup.
Most workflows are based on action triggers, such as clicking on a link or submitting a form. In these cases, emails in the workflow are triggered automatically when your contact clicks on a previously-sent email, submits a form, or takes another specified action within the workflow. Action-triggered workflows calculate the send time of each email based on the send time of the previous email in the series. Workflows use your operating system time when calculating times. So you don't need to do anything to schedule them!
FYI: Zift services processes workflows every three hours. Any steps less than three hours between steps will have adverse results and is not recommended.
Use the Workflow Wizard to step through the process of configuring, customizing, and activating an email.
You should be familiar with the following topics before continuing:
- Zift123 Username
- Zift123 Password
How to Access the Workflow Wizard
There are two options, select one:
- Browse Campaigns if the campaign has not been activated.
- Navigate to Campaigns > Browse Campaigns and use to workflow filter to locate the campaign. Look for the workflow icon on the campaign listing.
- Select Details for the campaign. You will land on the campaign activity dashboard showing all of the assets associated with the campaign.
- Verify that the workflow is selected.
- Select Continue.
- Activate the campaign. The Campaign Dashboard will display.
- My Campaigns if the campaign is activated and you want to add the workflow to the campaign.
- Navigate to Campaigns > My Campaigns and use the workflow filter to locate the campaign. Look for the workflow icon on the campaign listing.
- Select Review for the workflow activity. You will be on the Activity Dashboard.
- About Campaign Workflows
- How to Access the Workflow Wizard
- How to Change the Workflow Settings
- How to Edit Workflow Steps
- How to Personalize a Workflow
- How to Add Workflow Participants
- How to Activate a Workflow
Back To Top