This feature is not available in all solutions. For more information, contact your supplier point of contact.
Staying in touch with your customers is an important part of any marketing plan. The contact database is made up of individual contacts that represent an individual person or business and contains specific contact information. This information includes each contact's name, address, city, state, and phone number.
Contact Lists provide a means to send many emails or other marketing activities to a group of contacts at once. You can target specific segments of your existing contacts to create contact lists. You probably will have multiple contact lists and your contacts will probably be on multiple lists. Contact List may be reused and can be used as the basis for new lists.
Here are some quick tips for building a contact list.
- Read Best Practices for Building a Contact List before building your list
- Download this CSV file with headers to use as a template 20170118-sample_csv_file.csv (2 KB).
- It is important to note that if you add a contact with a phone number but no email address populated, Zift123 will auto-create an email address at the moment of contact creation.
- Review your contact list before sending out marketing activities.
- If a contact list is incorrectly mapped, the list can be uploaded again to overwrite the incorrect information.
The standard contact fields are first name, last name, company, title, work phone, mobile phone, email address, street address, city, state, postal code, and country.
We have specific directions for some of the file uploads.
- How to Upload Files to Create a Contact List
- How to Upload Leads to a Custom Activity
- How to Include Merge Fields in Your Mailings
- Best Practice for Secure File Transfer Protocol
- Best Practice for File Upload
You should be familiar with the following topics before continuing:
- Zift123 Username
- Zift123 Password
How to Upload a File to Create a Contact List
A quick way to create a contact list is to upload a contact list you already have. The file needs to be saved as an XLS, XLSX, TXT, or CSV.
- Navigate to Contact Lists > Create Contact List.
- Complete the Create Contact List window info including contact list name, sender name, sender email, and language.
- Select Import Contacts.
- Complete the resulting pop-up form.
- Browse to select the file to import.
- If the file has a header row, check the box on the form.
- You can add to an existing list or create a new list.
- You can add to an existing list by selecting the drop down arrow below "File contains a header row." All existing lists will display and you can select from the available lists which one to add contacts to.
- Select Create New to upload a brand new list.
- Select the Opt-In Confirmation. Be sure to read our Sender Permission guidelines. Sending emails to contacts who have not opted in to receive emails from you can result in suspension or termination of your Zift123 account.
- Select Import.
- When the import is complete, select the list and Upload.
- Confirm that every aspect of the imported contacts matches the category name assigned to it.
- Select Import. On the following page, you'll be able to map the column headers from your imported file to the appropriate fields in your new contact list.
- Map the header columns to the fields. You will not need to map the header row if you checked the box. If you don't see your desired field in the drop down, you can create your own. Please be advised - bypassing the mapping step or incorrectly mapping your fields may prevent your contact list from uploading!
- Select Import Contacts. You will receive an onscreen message with the import results.
Zift123 will improve a contact's company information based on previous company information resulting in improved reporting. Zift123 will make an effort to populate the company information in two ways:
- Zift123 will populate the company information based on the contact email domain when a company name is not included in the contact information. For example, email@example.com will result in Apple, Inc. contact information being added to the work phone, address 1, address 2, city, state, and country.
- Zift123 will put in the correct company name if it is misspelled or incomplete. For example, an entry for Zift Solution would be updated to Zift Solutions. If the correction is not desired by the user, the user can change the Zift123 correction. Zift123 will make only one change in an effort to correct the name.
This contact profile is from a contact that did not have an email address in the contact information. Zift123 has created a substitute email for the contact based on the phone number because no email was available when the contact was created. A legitimate email will need to be added to take advantage of marketing activities other than SMS.
|Continue Getting Started with Contacts|
|Continue Getting Started With Email|