Important: Administrative permission is required to access the Zift123 Settings. For more information, contact your supplier point of contact.
Zift123 administrators can use the email footer to manage your mailings and stay within the laws of your region. Using the footer will allow you to send an opt-in link in your emails.
Note: When using TEST in your email, the footer is generated , however it is not a functioning Opt-in link as a proper contact has not been connected with the TEST email. Send the email to yourself, to see the footer in a TEST email.
How to Configure an Email Footer
- From Settings, select Email Footer.
- Select On.
- In the editor, select Merge Field.
- From the drop down box, select Optin Link. The merge field code, [OPTINLINK] will now be in your document.
- Select the merge field [OptinLink] including the brackets, cut (control x) the code.
- Add the text you want to appear in the footer in the editor.
- Highlight the word that you will ask users to click to opt-in.
- From the editor toolbar, select hyperlink. In our example, we used the word here.
- Link Type: select URL.
- Protocol: select <other>.
- URL: Paste the opt-in merge field code into the URL field.
- Select OK.
- Review your work. From the editor, select Source. The source should look like this, <a href="[OPTINLINK]">Test Text</a><br />
- Select Save. An opt-in link will appear in the footer of all emails.