This feature is not available in all solutions. For more information, contact your supplier point of contact.
Web plugins allow you to automatically and easily display supplier-provided content on your website: rotating offers, videos, lead capture forms, product showcases, and downloads such as whitepapers and case studies. With a web plugin from Zift Solutions, syndicated content adjusts automatically based on data about current website visitors. This dynamic content syndication allows you to target the interests of website visitors to deliver the most relevant content. Delivering the right content at the right time greatly increases website visitor conversion rates.
Through Zift123, suppliers provide web plugins for the products, industries, and solutions that matter to your business. You can find the supplier-provided web plugins under Web Plugin > Browse. Using the plugins provided under Browse promotes brand standards and allows you to execute plugins efficiently. After selecting the web plugin, you can activate it to enable personalization features. Using the personalization features allows you to change text and add images. Publishing the personalization saves your changes. After publishing the web plugin, you can copy the embed code and install it on your product showcase or website.
You should be familiar with the following topics before continuing:
- Zift123 Username
- Zift123 Password
- Company Profile Settings - Before installing the web plugin on an SSL (https) site, verify your Web Plugin SSL Option is selected on Company Profile. If the Company Profile is not set first, you will need to activate another instance of the web plug-in.
How to Retrieve the Embed Code
- There are multiple places to select the Embed option.
- If you are are using an existing web plugin, from Web Plugins > My Web Plugins > selected plugin > Embed.
- If you are are using an existing web plugin, from Web Plugins > My Web Plugins > selected plugin > Personalize.
- You may also see a message on the Snap Shot Dashboard to Get Embed Code.
- If you manage your own website, you will need to choose from the following options:
- Simple Embed- If you've already installed the analytic web code in the footer of your website, you can use the simple embed code. Learn more in Settings about the website analytics code.
- Use Advanced Options to include the web plugin on a server.
- Select a server side language that is supported by your server, JSP, ASP, PHP, or ColdFusion.
- Copy and paste the code on your server.
- If you are not comfortable working with the code select, Email the installation instructions to your website administrator.
How to Place the Embed Code
Now that you've activated and personalized your plugin and retrieved your embed code, you need to decide where to place this code. Placement of the syndicated content will vary based on your website and plugin. Typically there are widgets and showcases. Below are a few best practices that may help you.
- Widgets and banners are typically smaller pieces of content not meant to live their own pages.
- Typically a widget or banner is a special offer or incentive.
- Consider installing a widget on a high traffic page like your Home or Promotions page.
Here's a banner example (company name is blurred for privacy).
Here's an example of a widget installed on a page.
- Web plugins or product showcases are larger pieces of content.
- A web plugin is typically a larger piece of content that's meant to be on your website as its own page. It's typically a product page, event page, or registration page.
- A product showcase is like a web plugin, but it's typically multi-page.
- Consider installing your web plugin as its own page on your website, which you would navigate to from your Home, Products/Solutions, or Supplier Listing page.
Here's an example (company name is blurred for privacy).
Here's an example of a plugin installed on a page between the global header and global footer: