Here are some tips to improve your email open rates:
- Improve your subject line
The subject of your email is the first thing your audience will see and may be the reason someone decides to open your email or ignore it entirely. Creating a personalized subject line by referencing specific interests or using a first name can create a more engaging email subject. Try splitting your list in half and using variations of subjects to see which resonates best with your audience.
- Double check your contact list
People who have opted into receiving your emails are much more likely to open them so ensure you are sending email to a verified, segmented list of recipients. Make sure your contact list is the right target for your email campaign.
- Schedule delivery for the most impact
Try to schedule your emails to be delivered when your audience is most likely to take the time to open and read them, or when the topic of your message is going to be on your reader’s mind.
- For more information on how to improve email open rates, click here.
Here are some tips to improve your email click through rates:
- Use a strong call-to-action
Make your call-to-action irresistible: "Get Your Free Whitepaper" will generate more clicks than "Click Here to Learn More."
- Incentivize click-throughs Offer something of value to your recipients - something they can't access unless they click through the email: a piece of premium content, a compelling video to watch, a one-time offer, or a VIP event.
- Make your links easily visible
Keep your links next to relevant information or content, such as pictures or video. Use styling options where possible to separate the link from the rest of the text in your email.
- Keep content concise
Try not to overwhelm your audience with so much information that they either don’t read the entire email or are no longer interested in clicking through for more information or content. Short paragraphs and bulleted lists can help break up large sections of text.
- For more information on how to improve email click through rates, click here.