A campaign is a way to keep your content organized. It may have multiple types of activities associated with it including email. You cannot send an email without a campaign. Emails can be sent to recipients in your contact list. Emails generate leads for the sales staff and provide a way to engage with partners while gathering data.
Most of the time you may be using templates curated by your supplier to create emails in your campaigns. You can also create your own (CYO) emails for use in your campaigns. You can quickly build email without having to be an expert in HTML using the WYSIWYG editor. The WYSIWYG editor provides a way for you to quickly modify email modules with simple drag and drop functionality. Additionally, you can modify text and images directly, without having to adjust the source code. Learn more about Best Practices for Email Design.
You should be familiar with the following topics before continuing:
- Zift123 Login
- Zift123 Password
How to Create an Email
- Select Campaigns > Create Your Own Campaign.
- Select Add Activity > Email to add an email to the campaign.
- Select Create Your Own Email.
- Name the Email.
- Select Save.
- Select Edit Content.
- Select a Template. Templates can save time, promote standards, and guide you through setting up your email. You can brand, format, add text and more to make sending future emails quickly and easily. The email builder has these templates available. We recommend creating your own templates to get the full benefit of templates. When making changes in the email, the changes are not saved to your templates. Select a template from the following:
- E-Commerce has text, four blocks with text under each for product descriptions.
- Basic Newsletter has three blocks of various sizes and text.
- Basic One Column is the width of the page with a single block.
- Basic Standard has left-aligned text with a centered right-aligned image.
- Blank has no layout design.
- In the Email Builder you can do the following:
- Select Use HTML Editor, to use HTML instead of the WYSIWYG editor. It is easy to drop existing HTML into the email to create a new email.
- Select a Content type to add text, images, buttons, dividers, social icons and links, and html. Drag the content to the place where you want it to appear. When you see the blue line you can drop it in place.
- Select Structure to add page layouts. Click on the structure and drag it into the body of the email. When you see the blue line, drop the structure in place. You can delete or duplicate a structure using the icons in the upper right of the block.
- Single Column Section
- Two Column Section
- Two Column Section with Left Side
- Two Column Section with Right Side
- Three Column Section
- Four Column Section
- Select Body to change width, color, font, or link color for the entire document. Select a specific block to make changes only to that block. You can change row properties such as the background, column properties, and borders.
- Preview the email to see what your readers will see. Check for spelling errors, image placement, and hyperlinks.
- Use templates to make your work easier with these predesigned layouts. Learn more.
- Test the email by sending it to yourself and review for accuracy. The email must be published to test the email.
- Select Publish Changes to save your work. You can still make changes to the email after it is published by selecting Personalize.
How to Edit an Email
You can use the WYSIWYG editor to create and edit the email template. You also have the option to edit in HTML. If you already have the content in HTML, it is easy to copy and paste the content into the new email.
- To move an existing block, select the handlebar. Drag and drop the block where you want it moved. When you see the blue line you can drop the structure in place.
- Add a block by dragging and dropping blocks into the body of the email.
- Remove a block by selecting the trash can in the upper right of the block.
- Click on the text box to edit.
- The editing toolbar will display. You will see font, font size, bold, italics, underline, strike through, clear text, left align, right align, special character, re-do, number and bulleted list styles, text and background color, paragraph styles, attachment, hyperlink, special links and merge tags.
- Use Body options to edit border, padding, and line spacing.
- Click the image to edit.
- The Content Properties now show Change Image and Edit Image.
- Select Edit Image. A new toolbar will display with enhancing, effects, frames, stickers, crop, resize, orientation, focus brightness, and more.
How to Use Merge Tags
Use Merge Tags to add First Name, Last Name, Email, Company Name, and Title.
- Click on the text box to edit.
- The editing toolbar will display. You will see the usual font family, font sizes, bold, italics, underline, left align, right align, attachment, hyperlink, and re-do. Hover over the icons for tooltips.
- Select Merge Tags.
- Zift123 can merge the following data into your emails from the recipients associated with the campaign:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Overall Contact Score
- Communication Status
- Website Views
- Website Clicks
- Form Submissions
- Email Opens
- Email Clicks
How to Add Special Links to the Email
You can add Unsubscribe, Opt-In Link, and View Email in Browser with the Special Links found in the email builder text editor.
- Click on the text box to edit.
- The editing toolbar will display. You will see the usual font, print size, bold, italics, underline, left align, right align, attachment, hyperlink, and re-do.
- Select Special Links.
- Select either Unsubscribe or Misc.
How to Add Images
Images improve the quality of your email. You can add an image from three sources:
- Upload images from your computer or network.
- Import web images from Facebook, Gmail, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, Google Photos, Flickr, Instagram, or Github.
- Search free, high-quality stock photos. The stock photos are from Unsplash, Pexels, and Pixabay and are free under the Creative Commons Zero license.
- In the editor file manager, select the image > Change Image or Add new image block > Browse.
- Select one of the options Upload, Import, Search free photos. Follow the prompts to select an image. The photo will display in the File manager list.
- Highlight the line the image is on. Options to Insert, Preview, and Delete become available when the image is highlighted.
- Select Insert to add the image to the email.