While Zift123 can be deployed independently, integrating it with your existing infrastructure can enhance the impact and value of the total solution. To streamline integration, Zift123 has prebuilt connectors to many third-party CRMs including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Zoho, Sage CRM, and SugarCRM.
What's the value in connecting your CRM to Zift123?
- Automatically sync lead information to your existing CRM.
- Save time on data entry.
- Add new Zift123 activity to synced CRM leads.
- Provide more insight to sales people for lead follow-up.
- Pull contact lists/lead lists to Zift123.
We recommend that suppliers choose a single method of lead management - email, Zift123, or CRM.
This document covers the first of a three step process for setting up the Microsoft Dynamics integration. See the Microsoft Dynamics Guide for all three steps.
You should be familiar with the following topics before continuing:
- Zift123 Username
- Zift123 Password
- Access to Microsoft Dynamics System Administrator or a Sales Manager with these permissions for Core Records:
- Account: Create, Read, Write
- Activity: Create, Read, Write
- Contact: Create, Read Write
- Lead: Create, Read, Write
- Marketing List: Read
- Opportunity: Read
- Product Read, Write
Take the following steps to connect your Microsoft Dynamics account to Zift123:
- How to Acces Your Microsoft Dynamics Credentials
- How to Configure Microsoft Dynamics to Accept Leads from Zift123.
- About Zift123 Leads in Microsoft Dynamics
- Microsoft Dynamics Lead Example
- How to Display a Leads List in Microsoft Dynamics
How to Access Your Microsoft Dynamics Credentials
With the necessary permissions, log into your Microsoft Dynamics account and retrieve your credentials.
- Log into Microsoft Dynamics.
- Select Settings, select Customizations.
- Select Developer Resources.
- Copy the Organization Web Service URL and append a /web on the end of the URL. You will use the URL to set up the CRM Connection Settings.
- If the user is part of a Windows domain, record the domain.
- If the organization has a drop-down where you must choose a name, record the name.
How to Configure Microsoft Dynamics to Accept Leads from Zift123
To send leads or contacts from Zift123 to Microsoft Dynamics, you will need to set the lead source field in Microsoft Dynamics to Zift123.
- Log in to Microsoft Dynamics with administrative access.
- Select Settings > Customizations.
- Select Customize the System.
- In the left-hand sidebar menu, select Entities > Lead > Fields, select Field Lead Source Code.
- Under Options, select the green plus sign; on the right side, change the label that says Item to Zift123.
- Select Save and Close.
- Select Publish All Customizations at the top of the screen.
About Zift123 Leads in Microsoft Dynamics
- Once Auto-pull leads/contacts from CRM is enabled, Zift123 will begin importing all leads with an email address from Microsoft Dynamics on a nightly basis.
- All leads or contacts that are sent from Zift123 to Microsoft Dynamics will set the lead source field to Zift123.
- Leads that exceed the lead score threshold, typically set at 50, will be sent on a nightly basis to Microsoft Dynamics.
- Web click, web view, and/or email open activities will be created as contact/lead marketing events in Zift123 on a nightly basis.
- Leads will include all standard lead contact fields such as name, address, title, etc.
- Marketing activities from Zift123 will be on the Notes page if you have selected CRM Settings > Advanced Lead Distribution Options > Send customer fields into the Notes.
- Leads will be matched to existing Leads in Microsoft Dynamics based on email address. Once a lead has been sent into Microsoft Dynamics, it exists in Microsoft Dynamics. None of the standard information will be updated or modified in any way; only new marketing activities will be added.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM does not have the web services that allow Zift123 to pull contacts. If you choose to set up your Zift123 account to record leads as contacts (as opposed to recording them as leads), you will not be able to pull contacts from Salesforce into your Zift123 account. See Settings > Salesforce> General Settings > Record Leads in CRM, for how your system is set up.
|Continue Getting Started With Setting Up Your Settings|