Social media provides you with the means to build, mix, and promote business engagement, conversation, and supplier- and partner-generated social content. Social content comes in many forms (audio, text, video, images, etc.). This content informs and entertains the people who consume it. Suppliers create social content for you that is co-branded with your social accounts, which allows you to push social content to your connections and followers.
In Zift123, a simple online dashboard coupled with a fully automated delivery infrastructure lets you manage your social presence across today’s most popular platforms. Zift123 supports these platforms: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, WeChat, and Xing.
- Twitter - Twitter is a free social networking microblogging service that allows registered members to broadcast short posts called tweets. Twitter members can broadcast tweets and follow other users' tweets by using multiple platforms and devices.
- Facebook - Facebook is a popular free social networking website that allows registered users to create profiles, upload photos, upload videos, send messages, and keep in touch with friends, family, and colleagues. Administrative permission is required for the Facebook page you're linking to Zift123.
- LinkedIn - LinkedIn is a social networking site designed specifically for the business community. The goal of the site is to allow registered members to establish and document networks of people they know and trust professionally.
- WeChat - WeChat is a popular free social networking website that allows registered users with WeChat Verified Service or Verified Subscription account to broadcast messages to augment lead generation and lead nurturing efforts, product marketing, customer retention, and branding to the growing Chinese audience. Unverified accounts are for personal subscriptions while verified accounts are used for businesses (services) subscriptions according to WeChat guidelines.
Zift123 users that connect with the WeChat app will be able to do the following:
- Schedule and send Create Your Own (CYO) or supplier-syndicated text messages, videos, images, and rich media articles to the WeChat subscribers via a public WeChat account that is connected to the Zift123 platform.
- To measure message performance using Zift123 Analytics.
- To access message data, including the number of sent messages, clicks, views, shares, and favorites.
- Xing - XING is a European social networking website for business professionals. As with LinkedIn, XING's goal is to help members find jobs or get in touch with people they have done business with. The social media platform offers profiles for individual people and groups, as well as discussion boards and assistance with event coordination.
Linking your social media accounts to Zift123 gives you access to three locations of content: Social Media Library, Upcoming Posts, WeChat and Social Streams.
Social streams are feeds of scheduled social content. Some suppliers offer a single stream, while others break their social content by product or topic. You can turn content on or off depending on product or topic. Set your own approval level of scheduled posts:
- Auto-publish - These post will automatically publish to your social media accounts on the dates and times established by your supplier.
- Requires approval - You will receive an email whenever new content is available, which will prompt you to sign in and approve before the content is sent out to your social pages.
- Ignore - The stream will not post.
- This is an example of a notification email.
Social Media Library
The Social Media Library contains supplier-provided posts that are available for you to use. They are typically evergreen — meaning that they don’t reference any specific event or timeframe — so they can be published at any time.
Suppliers create social content for you that is co-branded with your social accounts; this allows you to push social content to your connections and followers. We refer to any content that is coming from the supplier to the partner as syndicated content. This syndicated content is continuously updated by the supplier and pushed out to you. You will be notified via email when new posts requiring your approval are available. Suppliers may limit your ability to make changes or updates to the syndicated content in an effort to maintain their brand identity.
Upcoming Posts is where you can view all the posts that have dates associated with them. This screen will display library posts that you have selected and scheduled and/or posts from the streams that have suggested dates waiting for your approval or already approved. Once approved, Upcoming Posts have a date and time when they will be posted.
Now that you know how social media is posted, take a look at Analysis to better understand your success and where improvements can be made.