New personal data security regulations were introduced in all European Union countries on 25 May 2018. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) strengthens the rights of the individual over the personal data that they provide to you. The GDPR is the most comprehensive such regulation yet, so if you’re doing any sort of business with anyone based out of the European Union, then you will need to to ensure you’re compliant. Failure to do so can incur a hefty penalty - up to 4% of your global revenue!
As a global market leader, with offices, development centers, and customers on three continents, including the EU, Zift Solutions places great importance on data security compliance, and features that support the need of international businesses. We follow SOC-2 and Privacy Shield compliant processes to ensure your data is managed as securely as possible.
Our products support your data privacy requirements by design. These features are particularly helpful to ensure that you are meeting GDPR compliance.
- Zift123.com application
- Terms and Conditions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Additional Resources
- Each of our personal data capture forms across landing pages, micro-sites, showcases, and social media posts can include messaging to gather personal data processing consent. The details can be found on How to Capture Personal Data Consent.
- Right to be Forgotten - We will provide a mechanism for individuals to request access to their personal information and how to have that information removed. Contact email@example.com
- We provide one click unsubscribe links across all of our marketing emails, making it easy for individuals to manage their consent. How to add unsubscribe link to an email.
- Partners can identify users that have opted in for emails and send emails requesting that individuals confirm their opt-in status.
- Protected Personal Data - The new My Downloads section in the User Profile, protects personal data. Only logged-in identifiable users can access data. Personal data is not going out in emails.
Updated Terms and Conditions of Use
You may have noticed a change to Zift123’s Terms and Conditions. We’ve made these changes to outline both your company’s, as well as Zift Solutions’ responsibilities and compliance obligations when it comes to maintaining the privacy and security of all customer data. Here is a summary of the changes:
Updated: Additional Terms Applicable to Personal Data Subject to GDPR, Role of Parties section - Company shall process personal data in compliance with all laws applicable to it as a Processor of Personal Data, including GDPR and the e-Privacy Directive or its successor regulation.
Updated: Additional Terms Applicable to Personal Data Subject to GDPR, Processing Scope and Duration section - ...analytics information, such as cookie IDs, internet usage, and engagement with communications;...
- Updated: Password Protection to User Content.
- Updated: Use of the Services with addition of any activity that infringes any applicable law governing the use and disclosure of information regarding an identified or identifiable individual that is Process in connection with Services (“Personal Data”).
- Updated Use of Data; Data Protection section - New general security terms and data breach notification process.
- Added a new section referencing GDPR - Additional Terms Applicable to Personal Data Subject to GDPR.
- Added to the Indemnification section item b: processing of Personal Data. You agree that you are responsible for any communications, transactions or use of the Services that are made using your credentials, together with any fees, charges, liability or other obligation that may result from such use.
- Added to the Legal Compliance; Authority; Bidding Nature section: Legal compliance now includes both services and the processing of Personal Data. Under (ii)You may not assign your rights in this Agreement to any other party without the express written agreement of Zift.
- Removed International Data Transfers section. Our Privacy Shield membership now covers international data transfer.
The changes noted above are just the highlights. Be sure to review the full Terms and Conditions here to make sure you understand it. You can request electronically signed copies of the Zift Terms and Conditions for your records by submitting this request form.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, as a Data Processor, we have provided policy information that you can include in your own website's policy statement.
You may stop communications using the opt out feature included in the messages and prevent storage of cookies using browser settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How can partners access and update their personal data?
A: Partners can update their partner information in Zift123 via Settings > Company Profile
Q: How can I stop processing data related to an individual, at their request?
A: Any individual can use the unsubscribe link provided in emails. Alternatively, you can manage their subscription status. Here are links that explain how to do this.
Q: How can I view which contacts or leads have unsubscribed to marketing efforts?
A: Zift123 users can view contact and leads that have unsubscribed on the suppression list. Zift123 > Settings > Suppression List
Q: How do I add an Unsubscribe link to a marketing communication?
A: The links below explain how to provide an Unsubscribe Link into a “Create your own Mailing” in Zift123
Q: How can I export the personal data relating to an marketing contact?
Q: How can I request anonymization of personal data, based on a request from an individual?
A: Any requests for anonymization of personal data will need to be made through your Zift point of contact or the Support team, email@example.com. When a request is received, the Support Team will activate the relevant procedure.
Q: How can I request database export at end of contract?
Partners are instructed to export their data in the shut-down messages to them. If they are unable to export their data or have questions they can contact their Zift point of contact or our Support Team for help with exporting data. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if necessary. When a request is received, the Support Team will forward to the appropriate development resource.
Q: How can I request that my data be deleted?
A: Contact the Support team, email@example.com.When a request is received, the Support Team will forward to the appropriate development resource.
Note: Suppression lists cannot be deleted. Distributed and registered leads are considered to be shared data between the partner and supplier and will require the permission of both parties to delete the data.
Zift Solutions, Inc., Relayware, Inc., Relayware Ltd., Elastic Digital Pty Ltd. rely on certain sub-processors to provide you with our Services. Pursuant to the European General Data Protection Data Regulation (GDPR), which goes into effect on May 25, 2018, we are advising you of our current sub-processors. We have established an online listing so that you can check it at any time. In the future, if we make changes to the sub-processors we use, we will post updates to the list available at the link.
- Full details about the GDPR on the GDPR portal
- Our blog post on Channel Chatter, GDPR Made Simple
- Or if you have specific questions, contact your legal counsel